Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
worlds easiest muffins.came from an older womens world magazine from england.
- 2 cups self raising flour (very important)
- 2 cups ice cream (the better quality the ice cream the better quality muffin in the end)
- measure 2 cups ice cream and allow to soften.
- add to 2 cups of flour and stir until mixed.
- spoon into paper muffin cups and bake in 375 oven approx.
- 15-18 minutes.
- I know this sounds crazy but they really work!
- REMEMBER the better ice cream gives a better product my first batch was with generic vanilla,they were o.k.but not as good as the higher quality ice creams.
This recipe successfully helped me destroy some perfectly good ice cream. I first tried it with vanilla thinking it would be pretty good, the taste however was not good at all I even used name brand ice cream. I fed that batch to the dogs. I then, being the optomistic person I am thought I would try it with a more flovorful ice cream, mint chip, my favorite. This batch was only slightly better and I could only force myself to eat one with a large amount of cool whip on top. So my advice is if you are looking to waste your time and ruin ice cream make this. No offense to the person who submitted this recipe.
Despite less than stellar reviews for this recipe, as posted by several different 'Zaar members, I thought it too interesting to not try for myself at least once. Well, all I can say is that I'm glad I halved the recipe. I used Mayfield Moose Tracks ice cream, thinking the swirls of chocolate and peanut butter cups would come through in the muffins, but they didn't. The muffins themselves were dense and flavorless, even with the addition of 1 tsp. of vanilla and a bit of sugar into the batter. Nobody liked them and we had to throw the rest of the batch away.
I just made these muffins and mixing by hand. and I agree with the review done that something was missing in the taste. I added 4 tbsp sugar and 2 tsp rum extract and still something was missing. Maybe a citrus flavoring would be better than the rum. It is easy to make, but a texture that is different from the regular muffins batter.