Mims & Squims's Note:
Delightful ice cream with a crispy crunch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 16 ounces strawberries, cleaned, stemmed, & sliced
- 1Prepare sauce: Cut strawberries in half.
- 2In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine strawberries, sugar and vanilla.
- 3Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4In a blender, puree sauce. Store sauce in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 5In large bowl, combine cereal, coconut and chopped nuts. Set aside.
- 6Combine butter and brown sugar in saucepan and warm until smooth. Pour over crispy rice mixture and stir.
- 7Place half of mixture on bottom of 9x13" pan and level.
- 8Smooth softened ice cream over top.
- 9Pour and level remaining mixture on top and freeze.
- 10When ready to serve, spoon strawberry sauce & strawberry slices over individual servings.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream Krispies
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.1
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 171.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g