Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delightful ice cream with a crispy crunch!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 16 ounces strawberries, cleaned, stemmed, & sliced
- 1 pint strawberry, cleaned and stemmed
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare sauce: Cut strawberries in half.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine strawberries, sugar and vanilla.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a blender, puree sauce. Store sauce in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In large bowl, combine cereal, coconut and chopped nuts. Set aside.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in saucepan and warm until smooth. Pour over crispy rice mixture and stir.
- Place half of mixture on bottom of 9x13" pan and level.
- Smooth softened ice cream over top.
- Pour and level remaining mixture on top and freeze.
- When ready to serve, spoon strawberry sauce & strawberry slices over individual servings.