Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good Xmas cookies! I got this from Mom's recipe book. If it's in there, it must be good!
Make and share this Ice Cream Kolaczki recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- fruit filling (any type of preserves)
- Sift flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles corn meal.
- Add partly softened ice cream.
- Chill dough in regfrigerator for approximately 1 hour (This allows for easier handling).
- Roll out and cut into squares or rounds.
- Spread with any desired fruit filling and fold dough partly over the filling.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 20 minutes or until light brown.
These cookies are now a Christmas tradition. I like to a small amount of salt to the dough.
These cookies were great! I made them with no-sugar-added ice cream and preserves and they came out perfectly - thanks for posting this recipe!
I have searched for this recipe for many years. Thank you! These cookies just melt in your mouth. I made these about 30 years ago and never tasted any thing better since! Until now that is.