I had this recipe at a shower over 20 years ago and since then has been a must have at holiday's, graduation parties and get-togethers. I use a glass 9x13-inch dish and after it's done it's really pretty to look at and even better to eat.. It is Better if You use vanilla and not vanilla bean ice cream. Thanks for trying my ice cream recipe. :)
- Add 1 cup of boiling water to package of cherry Jello and stir.
- Add 1/4 of the vanilla ice cream and use a whisk to whip with the Jello.
- Let set in a clear 9x13-inch pan for 15 minutes or as Wife2uRick suggested waiting 15-30 minutes or until set.
- Then Add 1 cup of boiling water to package of lemon Jello and add 1/4 of the vanilla ice cream and use a whisk to whip with the Jello.
- Let set on top of the cherry layer for 15 minutes or until set.
- Then add 1 cup to the lime Jello and add 1/4 of the vanilla ice cream and whisk to whip with the Jello.
- Let set on top of lemon Jello for 15 minutes or until set.
- Then with the last box of Jello which is orange add 1 cup of boiling water and the last 1/4 vanilla ice cream and whisk together and put on top of lime Jello and let set.
- I usually do other things while I am making this and you can also use your favorite jello's but these together taste really good and I always am asked to bring it.
- Note: I usually cut my ice-cream in fourths and leave the ice-cream in the freezer until I use each 1/4th for the Jello.
- Jello can be stored in refrigerator when done. :).
I made this for my husband (who adores Jell-o more than anything in this world) and he LOVED it. I don't care for Jell-o or ice cream that much, and I still enjoyed this dessert. I will be making this again. Thanks for the recipe!
I made this again.. it's been 2 years now, but I was just as good as before, and I actually got to have some! LOL! And I loved it! It's just the most refreshing dessert on a hot summer day, and it's so pretty! Most important advise I can give is do not rush it.. Set aside 2 hours of time to make this.. which will cover the the 1/2 time for each layer of flavor! Thanks again 2years later!! My first review is below from June 1, 2006. Dear faith58, Thank you for sharing your ice cream jello treat. Apparently it was a big big BIG hit! I wouldn't know because I did not get to try it.. I took it to my niece's graduation party, and every other person asked me how I made it. Mostly everyone said it tasted like sherbert, and that it was very refreshing on this 89 degree day! One suggestion, I would give.. by the time you pour the 3rd flavor on top of the 2nd flavor, I would suggest you realllly let the 2nd flavor layered, and the layers after that, "set" at least 30 minutes. 15 minutes may be to early (especially if your frig is not that cold). Causing the flavors to mix, instead of layer. I plan on making this again this weekend.. So I can have a chance to taste! Thanks again!!
I don't like jello or vanilla ice cream but I had to make this. It was so light and flavorful.My kids loved it. It was even better the 2nd day. I can't wait to try the all berry one. Thanks for sharing this.