Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted per request. Very easy, and fun for kids! Cooking time is rolling time.
Make and share this Ice Cream in a Can recipe from Food.com.
- Also requires 1 pound coffee can, well cleaned and 3 pound coffee can, well cleaned.
- Combine all milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla in a small coffee can.
- Place plastic lid on small coffee can and place inside 3 pound coffee can.
- Pack space between cans with crushed ice and 1/4 cup salt.
- Place lid on large can.
- Roll back and forth for 10 minutes.
- Stop and scrape inside of small can.
- Drain water from large can and repack with ice and another 1/4 cup salt.
- Roll 5 more minutes.
my son's class made this for snack one day. The kids were broke up into groups and they made their own ice cream. This would be a GREAT thing to do with the kids this summer ;)