Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe while searching for a 4th of July party activity. It sounds very kid-friendly and perfect for summer.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sandwich size ziploc bags
- 1 one gallon size ziploc bag
- 2 cups ice
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Put one small Ziploc bag inside the other.
- Pour the milk, half and half, sugar, and vanilla into the inside bag.
- Seal both bags (make sure they're completely sealed!) Remove excess air.
- Put ice and salt into larger bag and place smaller bags inside.
- Seal completely.
- Shake and toss the bag!
- Ice cream will be soft and ready to eat in 5 to 10 minutes.
It was easy to put together but for me the shaking part just seem to go on forever. But otherwise. Went exactly how the direcitons said it would go!!!
Made this with my niece and we had a great time making ice cream and an even better time eating ice cream. Thanks for posting it.
I used this recipe with my scouts for part of their cooking achevment. We had a great time. But some of our bagges leaked so we brainstormed and they desided to use gray tape to cover the opening. So no matterhow hard the boys shaked or tossed the bagges they did not breack open like before. Thanks for a get recipe