2 hrs 20 mins
Not ice cream as such but a tasty frozen dessert that you can pretty much add whatever you like to! This is how we eat it (a la Jamie Oliver), but it's a really versatile recipe that you can do all sorts with. If the below doesn't sound like your first choice of filling then omit the almonds and swap the maltesers for white toblerone for a yummy treat, or just use the egg/sugar/cream base and load it up with broken After Eight mints and dark chocolate chips. However you like it, this is SO good! Serve alone or (for an even more calorific treat) with waffles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bash the Maltesers up into pieces with a rolling pin (you can do it in the packet or in a plastic sandwich bag. They don't have to be crushed finely, just bashed about a bit) and break the meringue nests up.
- 2Separate the eggs, putting the yolks in one bowl and the whites in the other. Whisk the whites until the form still peaks and whisk the yolks with the sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- 3In a third bowl (sorry - lots of washing up on this one), whip the cream until it is soft and then fold everything in together - the almonds, Maltesers, meringue, raspberries, egg whites and egg yolks.
- 4Put into a suitable freezer-friendly container and freeze for about 2 hours until semi-frozen.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream How You Like It
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.1
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 287.1 mg
- Sodium 90.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: