Recipe by *Alia*
A delicious twist on the traditional fruit cake. I have to say I much prefer this. I will sometimes add a thin layer of vanilla ice cream mixed with a dash of almond extract to the top.
- 1⁄2 cup mixed glace fruit
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 8 cups French vanilla ice cream
- 35 -40 gingersnap cookies
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix glacé fruit, raisins and brandy in a small bowl, cover and let sit overnight. You can also microwave on medium for 1 min, instead of letting sit overnight.
- Place ice cream in a large bowl and cut into 8 pieces. Let stand at room temperature and occasionally mash with a large spoon, until soft enough to stir.
- In a food processor, pulse cookies until they are fine crumbs. Place crumbs in a medium sized bowl and stir in butter till evenly moist.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Once Ice cream is soft enough to stir, add in the glacé mixture, frozen raspberries and pecans.
- Spoon ice cream mixture over crust in springform pan. Smooth down.
- Cover top with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- To serve, remove ring from springform pan and let stand 10 minutes and arrange fresh raspberries on top before slicing.