4 hrs 40 mins
A delicious twist on the traditional fruit cake. I have to say I much prefer this. I will sometimes add a thin layer of vanilla ice cream mixed with a dash of almond extract to the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix glacé fruit, raisins and brandy in a small bowl, cover and let sit overnight. You can also microwave on medium for 1 min, instead of letting sit overnight.
- 2Place ice cream in a large bowl and cut into 8 pieces. Let stand at room temperature and occasionally mash with a large spoon, until soft enough to stir.
- 3In a food processor, pulse cookies until they are fine crumbs. Place crumbs in a medium sized bowl and stir in butter till evenly moist.
- 4Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 5Once Ice cream is soft enough to stir, add in the glacé mixture, frozen raspberries and pecans.
- 6Spoon ice cream mixture over crust in springform pan. Smooth down.
- 7Cover top with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- 8To serve, remove ring from springform pan and let stand 10 minutes and arrange fresh raspberries on top before slicing.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.3
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 169.7 mg
- Sodium 298.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 52.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed glace fruit