Ice Cream Filled Brownie Mud Pie
- 1 (22 1/2 ounce) packagepillsbury deluxe fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup very hot water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 8 cups vanilla ice cream (1/2 gallon of your favorite)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease two 9 inch pie pans.
- In a large bowl, combine all the crust ingredients; beat 50 strokes with spoon.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool.
- When brownie layer is cooled; spread 1/3 c ice cream topping on each brownie crust. Sprinkle 1/4 c nuts between the two pies.
- Overlap large spoonfuls of ice cream to fill pie. Cover and freeze.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining ice cream topping for 1 minute. Drizzle over ice cream. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Cover. Freeze. Let sit at room temp for 5 minutes before serving with a warmed knife.