Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Such and unusual combination of flavors and textures! This is a dessert that is loved by all.(Freezing time same as cooking time.)
- 8 Oreo cookies, crumbled not crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond, rough chop
- 1 cup whipping cream, very cold
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto (or rum extract)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 quart rum-raisin ice cream, softened
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly toast almonds and allow to cool.
- Place crumbled cookies into bowl along with chips and almonds. Toss with 3 tbls orange juice. Reserve rest of juice.
- Whip cream using very cold bowl and beaters to soft peaks. Add Amaretto and rest of orange juice and beat just until firm peaks start to form.
- Scrape all the cream over the cookies and set aside. Put ice cream in the same bowl cream was in and beat by hand until soft.
- Fold in cookies and cream. Place in serving dish or individual cups and dust with grated almonds. Freeze and serve.