Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from an episode from food network. This is a cute and festive kid pleaser. A real creative way to make a treat and a party favor all in one. Can be served for birthday parties, holidays or even bake sales. This recipe allows you to add your own creative flare.I find that the candy coating from the craft store is easier to work with.You will also need goody bags and 1 large bag of mini packs of candy such as smarties, m&m's, or twizzlers e.t.c.
- 24 ice cream cones (flat bottomed)
- 24 lollipops or 72 mini lollipops
- 72 pixie sticks
- 1 (11 ounce) package chocolate chips (or melting candy)
- 3 ounces candy sprinkles (approximately) or 3 ounces non-pareils (approximately)
- You will also need 24 cellophane party favor bags and a roll of 5/8 sheer ribbon (optional).
- Melt chocolate.
- Dip top and upper sides of the ice cream cone into the the chocolate.
- I find it easier to melt the chocolate and using a pastry brush, brush sides with chocolate.
- Dip and roll top and upper sides into the sprinkles.
- Set aside on wax paper and let cool.
- Once cooled, fill cone with candies and then stick sucker or pixie sticks inside.
- Place into cellophane party favor bags and tie.
- Tie ribbon around for an extra festive touch.
- In the above picture I used 3 pixie sticks, 3 dum dum suckers, some have 1 mini pack of: Smarties, twizzlers or chocolate covered raisins in each cone favor.
- Serve and watch the kids eyes light up.
This is such a cute idea for birthday party favors! After stumbling upon this recipe eleven months ago, I was finally able to make them for my daughter's sixth birthday party last month. I had so much fun putting them together and then seeing all the little girls' faces light up when they received them. I was surprised to see how much stuff I could fit into them; each decorated cone was filled with 2 Pixie Sticks, one regular sized Tootsie Roll Pop, 1 mini-sized Smarties (Canadian chocolate), 1 mini-sized Air Head, 1 Bonne Bell Lip Smacker flavored lip gloss, and 1 frilly backpack tag. Great idea for a child's birthday party!!
We made these as a treat for the twins birthday to share at school. Everyone loved them. The girls had fun helping to dip and decorate them. They were just the right size for a few treats and were easy to put together!
I gave this 5 stars! This was so easy and the kids love them! I made these for my newphews birthday party this saturday and I plan to fill them with lollipops, pixie sticks and smarties. Do not use anything heavy like tootsie roll lollipops they are to heavy and tip the cones over breakinging the chocolate off. I used chocolate chips for my chocolate. I melted it in the microwave and spooned it around the upper sides. I used rainbow sprinkles over the chocolate. This was very easy. I found rainbow ice cream cones and I will use them next time as they are very colorful and I think will make them more fun. Thanks for posting a neat recipe! Christine (internetnut)