Recipe by chef FIFI
This came from an episode from food network. This is a cute and festive kid pleaser. A real creative way to make a treat and a party favor all in one. Can be served for birthday parties, holidays or even bake sales. This recipe allows you to add your own creative flare.I find that the candy coating from the craft store is easier to work with.You will also need goody bags and 1 large bag of mini packs of candy such as smarties, m&m's, or twizzlers e.t.c.
Top Review by Southern Polar Bear
This is such a cute idea for birthday party favors! After stumbling upon this recipe eleven months ago, I was finally able to make them for my daughter's sixth birthday party last month. I had so much fun putting them together and then seeing all the little girls' faces light up when they received them. I was surprised to see how much stuff I could fit into them; each decorated cone was filled with 2 Pixie Sticks, one regular sized Tootsie Roll Pop, 1 mini-sized Smarties (Canadian chocolate), 1 mini-sized Air Head, 1 Bonne Bell Lip Smacker flavored lip gloss, and 1 frilly backpack tag. Great idea for a child's birthday party!!
- 24 ice cream cones (flat bottomed)
- 24 lollipops or 72 mini lollipops
- 72 pixie sticks
- 1 (11 ounce) package chocolate chips (or melting candy)
- 3 ounces candy sprinkles (approximately) or 3 ounces non-pareils (approximately)
Directions See How It's Made
- You will also need 24 cellophane party favor bags and a roll of 5/8 sheer ribbon (optional).
- Melt chocolate.
- Dip top and upper sides of the ice cream cone into the the chocolate.
- I find it easier to melt the chocolate and using a pastry brush, brush sides with chocolate.
- Dip and roll top and upper sides into the sprinkles.
- Set aside on wax paper and let cool.
- Once cooled, fill cone with candies and then stick sucker or pixie sticks inside.
- Place into cellophane party favor bags and tie.
- Tie ribbon around for an extra festive touch.
- In the above picture I used 3 pixie sticks, 3 dum dum suckers, some have 1 mini pack of: Smarties, twizzlers or chocolate covered raisins in each cone favor.
- Serve and watch the kids eyes light up.