This came from an episode from food network. This is a cute and festive kid pleaser. A real creative way to make a treat and a party favor all in one. Can be served for birthday parties, holidays or even bake sales. This recipe allows you to add your own creative flare.I find that the candy coating from the craft store is easier to work with.You will also need goody bags and 1 large bag of mini packs of candy such as smarties, m&m's, or twizzlers e.t.c.
- 24 ice cream cones (flat bottomed)
- 24 lollipops or 72 mini lollipops
- 72 pixie sticks
- 1 (11 ounce) package chocolate chips (or melting candy)
- 3 ounces candy sprinkles (approximately) or 3 ounces non-pareils (approximately)
- You will also need 24 cellophane party favor bags and a roll of 5/8 sheer ribbon (optional).
- Melt chocolate.
- Dip top and upper sides of the ice cream cone into the the chocolate.
- I find it easier to melt the chocolate and using a pastry brush, brush sides with chocolate.
- Dip and roll top and upper sides into the sprinkles.
- Set aside on wax paper and let cool.
- Once cooled, fill cone with candies and then stick sucker or pixie sticks inside.
- Place into cellophane party favor bags and tie.
- Tie ribbon around for an extra festive touch.
- In the above picture I used 3 pixie sticks, 3 dum dum suckers, some have 1 mini pack of: Smarties, twizzlers or chocolate covered raisins in each cone favor.
- Serve and watch the kids eyes light up.