#1 Baker's Note:
Ice cream cones
My Private Note
ice cre ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar until frothy.
- 2Whisk in the melted butter, milk and vanilla; add the flour and salt and whisk until the batter is smooth; the batter should be quite thin (like a crepe batter) so add more milk if the consistency is too thick.
- 3Heat a 8-9 inch sauté pan over medium heat until it is hot.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium and brush the pan lightly with vegetable oil.
- 5Pour about 3-4 tablespoons of batter into the pan and immediately tilt or rotate the pan so the batter forms a thin 5-6 inch circle.
- 6Place pan back on the heat and cook until the batter is set and you can see the underside is golden brown (3-4 min).
- 7Slip a metal spatula under the crepe and gently flip it over.
- 8Cook until golden brown.
- 9Remove the pan from the heat and slide the crepe from the pan onto your work surface.
- 10While the crepe is still hot, quickly start at one edge and roll the crepe into a cone shape.
- 11Squeeze the tip of the cone to seal it so the ice cream won't drip out.
- 12Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 13Continue making the rest of the cones, lightly brushing the pan with vegetable oil each time.
- 14Store leftovers in a covered container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream Cones
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.7
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 56.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g