Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Ice cream cones
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil, and pastry brush
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar until frothy.
- Whisk in the melted butter, milk and vanilla; add the flour and salt and whisk until the batter is smooth; the batter should be quite thin (like a crepe batter) so add more milk if the consistency is too thick.
- Heat a 8-9 inch sauté pan over medium heat until it is hot.
- Reduce the heat to medium and brush the pan lightly with vegetable oil.
- Pour about 3-4 tablespoons of batter into the pan and immediately tilt or rotate the pan so the batter forms a thin 5-6 inch circle.
- Place pan back on the heat and cook until the batter is set and you can see the underside is golden brown (3-4 min).
- Slip a metal spatula under the crepe and gently flip it over.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slide the crepe from the pan onto your work surface.
- While the crepe is still hot, quickly start at one edge and roll the crepe into a cone shape.
- Squeeze the tip of the cone to seal it so the ice cream won't drip out.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Continue making the rest of the cones, lightly brushing the pan with vegetable oil each time.
- Store leftovers in a covered container.