Recipe by Lennie
This is an excellent treat for the kids; sure to bring a smile to their faces!
Top Review by B&B's Mommy
Too cute!! I've read many reviews and many recipes and found a couple of tricks that really work. Mini chocolate chips in the bottom of the cone help keep them from being too top heavy (plus makes for a sweet surprise at the bottom of the cone!). To bake I put a double layer of heavy duty foil over the top of a 9x13 cake pan and poked holes for the cones. I poked a fork in each towards the bottom after baking and didn't have any problem with chewy cones. And to transport I did the double layer of heavy duty foil in a disposable 9x13 foil pan with a lid. Didn't loose a single one in transport! This was a super easy and totally adorable treat for young and old alike! I will definitely make them again! Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 (18 ounce) cake mix, any type (plus ingredients required on the box)
- 24 flat-bottomed ice cream cones
- 1 (16 ounce) can frosting (or homemade if preferred)
- candy sprinkles (or cake decorations)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare batter for cupcakes per instructions on the box.
- Pour scant 1/4-cup batter into flat-bottomed ice cream cones so they are a little less than half full, or about half full; if you fill the cones too much, the cakes will not have a nice, round top.
- Place the cones on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool and frost, then decorate with sprinkles as desired.