Recipe by Chef Patience
This recipe sounded like a cute idea, so I thought I'd share it with you. I found this recipe in the Tightwad Gazette. It was submitted by Catherine Chavis. Prepration time is estimated.
- 6 small pointed sugar ice cream cones (not waffle cones)
- 1 small decorative candies, for tree decorations
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon milk
- green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- To create frosting, combine all ingredients except for sugar cones and candy decorations.
- Modify the shade of green to your taste.
- Place cones top side down (standing up) on a plate or other flat surface.
- Cover cones with frosting.
- Use a spatula, butter knife or maybe a decorator tip on a piping bag.
- Decorate trees with candies before frosting dries.