Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this fun and easy recipe from a magazine, and thought I would share it here. You can try it with any of your favorite ice cream, but the recipe does not recommend low-fat ice cream. Enjoy!
- 1 pint softened vanilla ice cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Stir together all ingredients until flour is moistened.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly greased and floured mini loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center of bread comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes before cutting.
This was okay. I was surprised at how small a loaf it made, only 1 1/2" tall. I used Edy's ice cream. There was something slightly off about the flavor, maybe it was the ice cream or maybe it could use some cinnamon.
Very very very good, and oh so easy. Only 1 problem, the smell while it was cooking, we could not wait for this to come out of the oven. In my oven it did take the full 45 minutes. Will be making about 4 more for a family reuinon this comming sunday. Jess my daughter made it. Tina and Jess