8 hrs 30 mins
Doreen Randal's Note:
A change from the real thing. Can be made a way ahead of time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the almonds, peel, raisins, currants and rum in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave overnight. Chill a 2 litre pudding basin in the freezer.
- 2Soften the vanilla ice cream slightly and mix in the glace cherries.
- 3Working quickly, spread the ice cream around the inside of the chilled basin, spreading it evenly to cover the base and side. Return the basin to the freezer and leave overnight. Check the ice cream a couple of times and spread it evenly to the top.
- 4Next Day:- Mix the spices and chocolate ice cream with the fruit mixture. Spoon it into the centre of the pudding basin and smooth the top.
- 5Freeze overnight, or until very firm.
- 6Turn the pudding out onto a chilled plate, decorate and leave to stand 5 minutes.
- 7Cut into wedges to serve. Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- 8New Zealand.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream Christmas Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (1829 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3831.5
- Calories from Fat 1370
- Total Fat 152.3 g
- Saturated Fat 80.2 g
- Cholesterol 449.1 mg
- Sodium 929.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 564.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 69.2 g
- Sugars 392.0 g
- Protein 64.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: