Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a tasty ice cream roll that everyone will enjoy -
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart coffee ice cream or 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Beat eggs very lightly and add the sugar gradually, beating after each addition. Add 1/4 cup cold water. Sift flour. cocoa, baking powder and salt together. Add egg mixture, beating slowly. Flavor with vanilla. Line a greased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch jelly-roll pan with wax paper and grease again. Pour in the batter, spread smooth, and bake in a 425F oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Turn out on a towel sprinkled with confectioners sugar. Remove wax paper and trim crisp edges. Roll up in a towel. Cool. Unroll and spread with coffee or vanilla ice-cream softened enough to spread.
- Roll up quickly, wrap in foil, and keep in freezer until ready to serve. Slice and serve.