Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An extremely delicious looking cookie from Picky Palate blog. The recipe calls for your favourite vanilla ice cream but I am sure you can experiment with other flavours. I tried it using cherry-vanilla ice cream and milk chocolate chunks. I made them really large and they turned out soft and melted in my mouth. Delicious.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla ice cream (heaping and frozen from container)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand or electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Add in ice cream until combined.
- Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix.
- Add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips; mix until just combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cooked through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Serve with a maraschino cherry on top :).