2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was submitted by Dr. Kripa Narayan to the Thursday magazine and was published in the issue dated June 15th-21st'06. What an incredibly delicious cake this is! She won the BIG prize on it and I'm thrilled for her. This one is a great recipe for all you cake lovers!! Do not miss :) Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 175 g caster sugar
- 175 g butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 175 g self-raising flour (maida)
- 75 g cocoa powder
- 150 ml milk
- 500 ml vanilla ice cream or 500 ml strawberry ice cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 g frozen cherries
- 65 ml whipped cream
- 8 glace cherries
- 1Beat eggs in a bowl, one at a time, until light and fluffy.
- 2Now in the same bowl, cream together the castor sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- 3In another bowl, sift together the flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- 4Fold these sifted dry ingredients alternating with milk, a little at a time, into the egg-sugar mixture ensuring that it mixes well.
- 5Pour the prepared mixture into a greased(with butter) 2 litre decorative ring mould.
- 6Smoothen the surface(if a ring mould is not on hand you may use a 2.3 litre bowl and keep a straight-sided glass open end up in the middle of the bowl. Grease both and pour the mixture around the glass).
- 7Microwave at 100 % HIGH power level for 6-8 minutes. Allow it to stand for 10 minutes.
- 8Using a knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- 9Now, cut out the bottom quarter of the cake and keep aside.
- 10Scoop out the centre of the cake using a clean spoon.
- 11Transfer the cake to a freezer and let it freeze for an hour until firm.
- 12Now, grab hold of a bowl and put the ice cream in it. Microwave for 1 minute on LOW power level(30%).
- 13Add cherries to the microwaved ice cream and mix well.
- 14Fold this ice cream and cherries mixture into the scooped out portion of the cake in the centre.
- 15Add the bottom quarter of the cake that was kept aside and turn the cake over.
- 16Again, keep it in the freezer.
- 17Break the plain chocolate in a small bowl with your fingers.
- 18Microwave on MEDIUM power level for 4 minutes.
- 19Add syrup and cream to this and mix well.
- 20Spoon this mixture over the cake and freeze it.
- 21Garnish with whipped cream and cherries right before you serve the cake.
- 22Slice, serve and smile :).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.1
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 337.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: