Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This recipe was submitted by Dr. Kripa Narayan to the Thursday magazine and was published in the issue dated June 15th-21st'06. What an incredibly delicious cake this is! She won the BIG prize on it and I'm thrilled for her. This one is a great recipe for all you cake lovers!! Do not miss :) Enjoy!
- 175 g caster sugar
- 175 g butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 175 g self-raising flour (maida)
- 75 g cocoa powder
- 150 ml milk
- 500 ml vanilla ice cream or 500 ml strawberry ice cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 g frozen cherries
- 125 g chocolate
- 60 ml golden syrup
- 15 ml fresh cream
- 65 ml whipped cream
- 8 glace cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs in a bowl, one at a time, until light and fluffy.
- Now in the same bowl, cream together the castor sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- Fold these sifted dry ingredients alternating with milk, a little at a time, into the egg-sugar mixture ensuring that it mixes well.
- Pour the prepared mixture into a greased(with butter) 2 litre decorative ring mould.
- Smoothen the surface(if a ring mould is not on hand you may use a 2.3 litre bowl and keep a straight-sided glass open end up in the middle of the bowl. Grease both and pour the mixture around the glass).
- Microwave at 100 % HIGH power level for 6-8 minutes. Allow it to stand for 10 minutes.
- Using a knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Now, cut out the bottom quarter of the cake and keep aside.
- Scoop out the centre of the cake using a clean spoon.
- Transfer the cake to a freezer and let it freeze for an hour until firm.
- Now, grab hold of a bowl and put the ice cream in it. Microwave for 1 minute on LOW power level(30%).
- Add cherries to the microwaved ice cream and mix well.
- Fold this ice cream and cherries mixture into the scooped out portion of the cake in the centre.
- Add the bottom quarter of the cake that was kept aside and turn the cake over.
- Again, keep it in the freezer.
- Break the plain chocolate in a small bowl with your fingers.
- Microwave on MEDIUM power level for 4 minutes.
- Add syrup and cream to this and mix well.
- Spoon this mixture over the cake and freeze it.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cherries right before you serve the cake.
- Slice, serve and smile :).