Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was submitted by Dr. Kripa Narayan to the Thursday magazine and was published in the issue dated June 15th-21st'06. What an incredibly delicious cake this is! She won the BIG prize on it and I'm thrilled for her. This one is a great recipe for all you cake lovers!! Do not miss :) Enjoy!
- 175 g caster sugar
- 175 g butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 175 g self-raising flour (maida)
- 75 g cocoa powder
- 150 ml milk
- 500 ml vanilla ice cream or 500 ml strawberry ice cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 g frozen cherries
- 125 g chocolate
- 60 ml golden syrup
- 15 ml fresh cream
- 65 ml whipped cream
- 8 glace cherries
- Beat eggs in a bowl, one at a time, until light and fluffy.
- Now in the same bowl, cream together the castor sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- Fold these sifted dry ingredients alternating with milk, a little at a time, into the egg-sugar mixture ensuring that it mixes well.
- Pour the prepared mixture into a greased(with butter) 2 litre decorative ring mould.
- Smoothen the surface(if a ring mould is not on hand you may use a 2.3 litre bowl and keep a straight-sided glass open end up in the middle of the bowl. Grease both and pour the mixture around the glass).
- Microwave at 100 % HIGH power level for 6-8 minutes. Allow it to stand for 10 minutes.
- Using a knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Now, cut out the bottom quarter of the cake and keep aside.
- Scoop out the centre of the cake using a clean spoon.
- Transfer the cake to a freezer and let it freeze for an hour until firm.
- Now, grab hold of a bowl and put the ice cream in it. Microwave for 1 minute on LOW power level(30%).
- Add cherries to the microwaved ice cream and mix well.
- Fold this ice cream and cherries mixture into the scooped out portion of the cake in the centre.
- Add the bottom quarter of the cake that was kept aside and turn the cake over.
- Again, keep it in the freezer.
- Break the plain chocolate in a small bowl with your fingers.
- Microwave on MEDIUM power level for 4 minutes.
- Add syrup and cream to this and mix well.
- Spoon this mixture over the cake and freeze it.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cherries right before you serve the cake.
- Slice, serve and smile :).