Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
A dessert recipe from my " Summertime favorites" Recipe folder! This is very simple to put together. Plan ahead, this needs to freeze thoroughly in the freezer for 6 or more hours. You may certainly make this a day ahead, just cover the pan tightly with foil if leaving in the freezer overnight. For a less tart taste, reduce the limeade to half. If you are using the full amount of limeade, you might want to consider increasing the sugar amount for a sweeter taste, as it it very tart!... Limeade is the same idea as frozen lemonade concentrate only in lime flavor, it is available in all stores. Careful not to let the ice cream get too soft, or it will loose it's texture when refrozen again. I have even added grated chocolate into the cheesecake mixture, use your imagination! You will love this!
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) frozen limeade concentrate, partially thawed
- 1⁄2 gallon French vanilla ice cream, softened, but not melted
- Set oven to 450°F.
- Prepare a 10-inch springform pan.
- Crush pretzels before measuring them, then press into the bottom of a springform pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool completely.
- For the cheesecake: combine 1 cup sugar with the cream cheese, and beat until smooth; add in the cottage cheese, sour cream and limeade (use half for a less tart taste); beat well until thoroughly combined.
- Soften the ice cream, and fold the cheesecake mixture into the ice cream.
- Spread mixture over the pretzel crust in the pan.
- Cover with plastic, and freeze a minimum of 6 hours or until thoroughly frozen.