1/1 Photo of Ice-Cream Cake Roll
Queen Dana's Note:
This was published in the feb 2009 issue of Family Circle. Try to use good quality ice cream, when I make this I usually use vanilla instead of mint. The freeze time is not included in the prep time; I've gotten away with only freezing for 2 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Coat a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper. Spray paper.
- 2Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes, until very light yellow. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until smooth. Beat in vanilla extract.
- 3Fold flour mixture into egg mixture until no lumps remain. Pour into prepared pan, spreading level. Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 4Dust a clean kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar. Turn cake out onto towel. Roll up towel and cake from short end; cool completely.
- 5Unroll; spread with softened ice cream to within 1 inch of edges. Reroll cake without towel; wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight. If frozen overnight, let stand at room temperature 20 minutes before serving. To serve, carefully remove plastic wrap and drizzle cake with chocolate syrup.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice-Cream Cake Roll
Serving Size: 1 (898 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2238.4
- Calories from Fat 650
- Total Fat 72.2 g
- Saturated Fat 37.9 g
- Cholesterol 1036.0 mg
- Sodium 1152.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 358.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 260.5 g
- Protein 55.5 g