Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is very easy, very good, and very versitale!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine (melted)
- 20 chocolate graham crackers (crushed)
- 1⁄2 gallon ice cream (any flavor...i like to use peanut butter)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Combine butter and graham cracker crumbs-- press evenly onto a 13x9 in. pan
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Allow ice cream and cool whip to soften up on counter.
- Allow crust to cool, spread ice cream on top-- then spread cool whip on top.
- Put in freezer for at least 1/2 hour.
This is a great recipe! I could not find peanut butter ice cream as suggested, so I added 2 Tablespoons of creamy peanut butter into softened vanilla ice cream with great results. I also added a bit of liquid chocolate quik to the cool whip and it worked well with the peanut butter flavour. I look forward to making this again with other flavour combinations. Thanks for posting this recipe!