Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The easiest elegant ice cream cake you'll ever make. Use your favorite flavor of ice cream, add a little extract to flavor the topping, make it uniquely your own! Looks like you spent hours making it...and it only takes 15 minutes to assemble. (cook time is actually freezer time) From Family Circle Magazine.
- 8 Suzy Qs chocolate cake and cream filling snacks (or similar chocolate snack cakes)
- 1 pint mint chocolate chip ice cream (or your favorite flavor)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip, thawed (or your own whipped cream)
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving plenty of the wrap hanging over the edges.
- Place 4 of the Suzy Qs in the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Press down slightly.
- Place pan in freezer while you set ice cream out to soften on the counter-- about 10 minutes.
- Scoop softened ice cream into pan on top of Suzy Qs and spread evenly.
- Place remaining Suzy Qs on top of ice cream, pressing down slightly.
- Cover tightly with the plastic wrap that is hanging over the edges of the pan.
- Put loaf pan back in freezer and freeze about 3 hours or until solid.
- Remove from loaf pan by unwrapping and lifting out plastic wrap.
- Place on serving dish and discard plastic wrap.
- Frost top, sides and ends of cake with thawed Cool Whip.
- Place back in freezer for at least one hour or until ready to serve.
- Slice to serve.