Recipe by Mizzy
There's really no ice cream in this cake, but with the cream and the freezing time, it gets the consistency of ice cream after overnight chilling. This makes a great birthday cake.
- 1 cup butter
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9-inch round pan, and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt chocolate over simmering water in a double boiler or small saucepan.
- Mix yolks, butter and sugar together with a mixer until lightly and fluffy.
- Pour in the melted chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Whip eggs whites with remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Place half the mixture in the fridge.
- Add walnuts to the other half, mix in breadcrumbs and baking powder.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and chill.
- Pour remaining chocolate mixture over cake, and place in freezer for approximately 2 hours.
- Whip the heavy cream with sugar, and cover the cake.
- Keep in fridge.