1 hr 30 mins
Queena Frye's Note:
I love having ice cream with my cake and this combines them both into a wonderful all in one dessert
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Allow the ice cream/sorbet to soften slightly.
- 2Line a 9 inch round cake pan with plastic wrap.
- 3Scoop ice cream into the round cake pan, make even across the top.
- 4Cover, return to freezer for at least 4 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6Grease two 9 inch round cake pans.
- 7Blend the dry cake mixes, egg white and water in a large bowl.
- 8Beat till smooth.
- 9Divide batter equally in to prepared pans.
- 10Bake 25-30 minutes or till top springs back.
- 11Cool 10 minutes; Invert onto wire racks.
- 12Cool completely.
- 13Assemble: Place 1 cake on a cake plate.
- 14Unwrap ice cream/sorbet, place on top of cake.
- 15Then place the 2nd cake on top of the layers.
- 16Spread whipped topping over entire cake.
- 17Cover with plastic wrap (spray plastic wrap with cooking spray to prevent sticking). Return to freezer till ready to serve.
- 18Garnish as desired.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.7
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 119.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g