Recipe by Judy from Hawaii
This rich ice cream cake with a buttery crust was another gem from a pot luck at work. Hawaii is known for having great pot lucks & that's where I have found many of my favorite recipes. This tastes great, but is so easy to make! I am told other ice cream & pudding flavors also work well, but I always make this with chocolate. Prep time does not include freezing.
- 2 packages Ritz crackers, crushed finely (~68 crackers)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crushed crackers and margarine& press into a 9 by 13" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat pudding& milk until smooth.
- Add pudding to softened ice cream& beat till smooth.
- Pour over crust& freeze.
- Top with Cool Whip.
- Decorate with chopped nuts or chocolate sprinkles.
- Keep in freezer till ready to serve.