Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
creamy, rich yummy ice cream cake, not sickeningly sweet!
- 1 bag Oreo cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 gallon ice cream
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 1 cup milk
- Place oreo cookies in food processor and process until they are crumbs.
- Melt butter in saucepan, mix butter and cookie crumbs.
- Press into 13x9 inch pan.
- Freeze completely.
- Next, let the ice cream flavor of your choice soften, and spread on top of frozen crumbs.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips, marshmallows, and milk together in one pan.
- Mix completely and let cool a little.
- Quickly spread on top of ice cream and put back in freezer.
- Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
I used a 10.5 oz bag of marshmallows in this, and the chocolate sauce was WAY too sweet... even for my husband who dumps 1/4 cup of sugar in his coffee. The other problem was that the sauce turned liquid as it quickly came to room temperature - so the minute you take the cake out of the freezer the sauce makes a mess everywhere. I made mine in a springform pan which worked well, but I wouldn't use this recipe for the chocolate sauce again. The crust was excellent, however.
I used a cake for the bottom and cooked it in a springform pan. I came out wonderfully! Everyone wanted seconds. Thanks!
I made this for my grandson's birthday. Everyone loved it. I used a 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips and a 10.5 oz bag of Marshmallows. Turned out perfect.