Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This frozen desert is fabulous, and so easy! Everyone always requests the recipe, and it is great for carrying to any event that you need a special treat for.
- 1 (42 ounce) box ice cream sandwiches (a 12 pack)
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package chocolate-covered toffee bits
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- Unwrap frozen sandwiches and line the bottom of a 9X13 pan. You will slice the last ones in order to make all fit in nicely.
- Spread top of sandwiches with all of the caramel topping.
- Spread thawed whipped topping over caramel.
- Sprinkle the milk chocolate toffee chips over all, cover, and freeze for 2 hours or more. Keep unused desert in freezer. (Use Heath's Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits and not the Brickle).
Very, very easy to make and VERY easy to eat!!! I made two of these for my grandson's 16th birthday. I couldn't find the chocolate-covered toffee bites -- went to three stores. I finally bought some Skor and Heath bars and put them in my food processor. I'm sure some of the pieces of the candy bars were crushed to finely -- but it still gave the desert the extra boost in flavor. Do you usually find the toffee bits with the baking goods -- or with the candy? I checked both places and none to be found.
I took this to my Bible study group last week and everyone loved it! Had this yummy dessert several months ago, and found the full recipe here. I also added about 3/4 cup of chocolate ice cream topping. My friends stated that they esp. liked the crunchy toffee bits on it! Thanks.
This is similar to a recipe we've made for quite some time. Only difference is that we simply drizzle the top with caramel (and chocolate) sauces rather than spreading the top of the sandwiches. It's an amazingly simple and tasty dessert that people just can't stop eating. Thanks for taking the time to post it!