Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom used to make these - not sure where she got the recipe. Now I make them for my own family and they are a favorite. I've always followed the recipe as is, but I'm sure you could experiment with different flavors of ice cream. We have tried different toppings but the caramel seems to be the perfect compliment.
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- caramel ice cream topping
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, sugar & cinnamon.
- Make balls out of the ice cream and roll in dry mixture.
- Serve with caramel topping.
- -To make the balls: Cut a square 1/2 gallon of ice cream into 4 equal slices. Then cut each slice into quarters. Mold into a ball with your hands and by rolling it in the dry mixture. Only work with 1-2 "slices" at a time or the rest will melt too much while sitting out. It will also melt quicker if you take too much time to form the balls.
We love these! We just use an ice cream scoop to make into a ball shape, and roll in the crumbs. Works well.
What a great idea, I will make these in the morning when the kids have gone to school, it will be a nice surprise when they come home. Endless possiblities for changing the flavours of icecream and crumb mixture...chris
these were absolutely great very easy to make granny