Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
A delicious but simple dessert. The better the ingredients the better the taste.
- 1 kg vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 sponge cake, bought
- 1⁄4 cup brandy or 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur
- 300 g fresh blueberries or 300 g raspberries or 300 g mixed berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cake base into bottom of springform pan. You may need to cut it into shapes to fit.
- Moisten with liqueur.
- Spread ice-cream over the base with metal spatula.
- Return to freezer for at least 2 hours until frozen.
- Meanwhile rinse the fruit and dry well on paper towel.
- Before serving remove from freezer, release sides with sharp knife.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Arrange fruit over the top and serve immediately.