Prep 45 mins
Cook 24 hrs
- 3 cups pecans, chopped
- 8 large marshmallows
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 cup coconut
- 10 candied cherries, chopped
- 1⁄8 lb candied pineapple, if desired
- 1⁄8 lb raisins, chopped, if desired
- wine, if desired
- Combined crushed wafers, coconut, chopped cherries, pecans and pineapple and place in large bowl. Mix well. Also add raisins, if desired.
- Melt marshmallows in top of double boiler.
- Add milk to melted marshmallows and mix well.
- Remove from heat and pour onto wafer mixture. Mix well.
- If desired, pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup of any good sweet wine - scuppernong, blackberry, pear, etc. When cool enough to handle, form into "logs" and wrap in waxed paper.
- Chill at least 24 hours before serving -- the longer the chilling, the better.
- Serving Suggestions Slice into 1/2" slices and arrange on small platter.
- Best served cold.
- Can be made 2 weeks in advance.
Delicious...and I don't like fruit cake that much. Dont mash down on it too hard. My mom used to make this same recipe years ago at christmas. Thanks for posting.