Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Crispy, buttery and melt in your mouth cookies. I normally do not like sugar cookies but these are basic and good. They can be decorated with sugar or color the dough for any holiday. My children like to make pink cookies for Valentine's Day. I make several rolls, keep in the freezer and bake as needed.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- MIX TOGETHER: Butter, Vegetable Oil, 1 C Sugar, and 1 C Confectioner Sugar.
- ADD ONE EGG AT A TIME TO MIXTURE AND BEAT (Add food coloring now if you want colored cookies).
- ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS: Flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda.
- After all ingredients are mixed together. Use Wax Paper or Plastic Wrap, roll dough into logs (about 1.5" in diameter)- I make about 3 logs. Freeze at least 2 hours, can keep in the freezer for up to a week.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the dough from freezer, cut dough into 1/4" to 1/2" thick cookies, roll in sugar (confectioner or granulated, color or not). Placed 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes until cookies are cooked, but not brown. Remove cookies from cookie sheet, cool on racks. Enjoy! These cookies keep well in air tight containers and stays crispy.