Recipe by Kim D.
I received this recipe from a friend at work. This is a simple cookie, yet tasty! I like them because you can keep them in the fridge and bake as needed! (Prep time includes 1 hour of chilling time and the yield was estimated, as they never stay around long enough for me to count them.)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into logs and wrap with plastic wrap of freezer paper.
- Chill in refrigerator (at least an hour) or freeze.
- Slice thin and bake in a 350°F pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.