Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I received this recipe from a friend at work. This is a simple cookie, yet tasty! I like them because you can keep them in the fridge and bake as needed! (Prep time includes 1 hour of chilling time and the yield was estimated, as they never stay around long enough for me to count them.)
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into logs and wrap with plastic wrap of freezer paper.
- Chill in refrigerator (at least an hour) or freeze.
- Slice thin and bake in a 350°F pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
These were fantastic! I made them for my husband's men's group and they were a big hit! I used 1/2 cup Crisco + 3 tablespoons of water for half of the butter. Left out the nuts and used parchment paper to bake them on! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
This is a really good recipe. I made these up, rolled them out and wrapped them in wax paper and put in the freezer. Now when I need something in a hurry, I can grab a log, cut them up and in 15 minutes, I have a wonderful, freshly baked cookie to go with my cup of coffee. Thanks for the great recipe.
Great simple ice box cookie. Left out nuts but will definitely try with nuts next time.