Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This I have made a few times also at a party for other people, they liked it, it is realy good.
- 1 sponge cake (or hot milk sponge)
- 6 ounces butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped blanched almond (or more)
- Cream butter and icing sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks one at a time, beating after each and scraping sides with scraper.
- Add vanilla, pineapple, and almonds.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but moist and fold into mixture gently.
- Place a layer of cake in a dish.
- Then a layer of pineapple-butter mixtures; continue to layer until all the cake and mixture are used up ending with mixture.
- Cover with foil and freeze for 24 hours.
- When ready to use take out and thaw; decorate with whipped cream; keep refrigerated.
- Variation: Chopped drained peaches can be substituted for crushed pineapple.
All I can say is...WOW. What a great cake. I use the dried peaches and pinapple in this cake, and man, this was great. I hope you all in internet land try this. Thank you for posting.
This is a super cake...I made the cake as the recipe stated and it was delicious.My entire family loved it.I will try another one soon using the peaches