Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Old family recipe from Helen B.
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 3 bananas, large
- Prepare 2 boxes strawberry jello, according to directions on box. Add crushed pineapple. Let this set overnight or until it sets in refrigerator.
- After jello is firm, beat it with an egg beater on low. In a separate bowl, beat cold whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla to whipped cream. Fold whipped cream into jello.
- Line bottom and sides of 9x13 pan with whole vanilla wafers. Slice 3 bananas over wafers and pour in the jello mixture. Let set in refrigerator until it is firm.