Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
One year at the community centre I would invite a person of a different nationality as a guest cook. When it was Ibtisam's turn, a Syrian refugee, she made us these surprising broadbeans
- 2 lbs young fresh broad beans, in their pods
- 1 quart plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- Don't shell the beans, check for threads and cut into inch pieces.
- Boil in salted water until tender.
- Drain and leave to cool.
- Stir in yoghert carefully, add paprika and mint.