Recipe by MsKittyKat
My mother has made this recipe for years. She got it from a neighbor in the 70's. It is one of my favorite ways to eat shrimp.
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces cooked ham, chopped (may use bacon if you wish)
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute the red peppers, onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients including breadcrumbs, except the last teaspoon of olive oil and saute for a few minutes, until shrimp just begins to turn opaque.
- Put into a casserole and drizzle with remaining teaspoon of olive oil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until shrimp is just cooked through.