Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken and Seafood Paella, as good as you'll find in Southern Spain. We holiday in Spain 3 times a year and this is very authentic and delicious.
- 1 large chicken breast, diced fairly small
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 4 small cooking chorizo sausage, sliced
- 12 large prawns, shelled and deveined (reserve heads and shells for stock)
- 3 small squid, sliced
- 2 fish stock cubes
- powdered saffron
- 1 liter boiling water
- 400 ml bomba paella rice
- Make stock by combining stock cubes, saffron, prawn heads and shells with boiling water in a saucepan and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Mix chicken, paprika and olive oil.
- Heat paella pan.
- Add chicken and fry until just cooked then remove to a plate.
- Add olive oil to pan.
- Gently fry onion and garlic then add in pepper add a pinch of salt to help soften.
- Add in tomato and cook and stir until softened.
- Add in squid and fry.
- Add rice and stir to coat all grains.
- Add 800 ml strained stock.
- Cover loosely and cook gently until rice is almost cooked giving it a stir now and then.
- Add prawns and chorizo and chicken cover, cook over very low heat until prawns are done and chorizo heated through.
- Stir and serve.