1/16 Photos of I Want to Marry You Cookies
Recipe courtesy Melissa Stadler for 2011 Cooking Channel, Show: The Perfect 3 Episode: Cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18.92 ml butter
- 18.92 ml dark brown sugar (may add up to 1/4 cup more if desired)
- 9.46 ml granulated sugar
- 0 egg
- 0 egg yolk
- 0.39 ml pure vanilla extract
- 40.22 ml flour
- 18.92 ml uncooked rolled oats
- 0.19 ml baking soda
- 0.19 ml salt
- 0.09 ml ground cinnamon
- 18.92 ml white chocolate chips
- 18.92 ml chocolate chips (I like dark)
- 1In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until melted. Remove from the heat.
- 2Add the dark brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until sugars are incorporated and smooth. Chill the mixture for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- 4Add the flour, oats, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cinnamon and mix together.
- 5Stir in the white chocolate chips and chocolate chips.
- 6Roll by hand into 24 medium-size balls or use a scoop, and place on a light-colored cookie sheet.
- 7Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- 8Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- 9Melissa's Note: About the name. These cookies are the surefire way to get someone to fall in love with you -- or at the very least gain a serious addiction to cookies. By giving these cookies away, you may need to be prepared for a marriage proposal on the spot. I have been baking since I was a little one. I was the only girl in a house full of brothers (5 to be exact), so I quickly found my spot in the kitchen. My love affair with baking started with cookies and it is how I won dates in high school by delivering them every Sunday night to my "friends." Love would usually ensue. Now I find joy in baking them for my own 4 little ones and they are my ultimate taste testers in the quest for the perfect cookie. They say we got it years ago so it is about time to share it.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I Want to Marry You Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.8
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 155.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g