Recipe by Sharon123
Recipe courtesy Melissa Stadler for 2011 Cooking Channel, Show: The Perfect 3 Episode: Cookies
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, Sharon will you marry me. These cookies are amazing. They were quick and easy to make and tasted fantastic. Good luck keeping them around. Made exactly as written but used chunks of extra dark chocolate instead of chocolate chips, as I didn't have any. The chocolate chunks worked perfectly in these lovely large, sweet cookie. My dh is over the moon....say's this is a 10* recipe. Thanks so much for making me look good and for sharing this treat.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (may add up to 1/4 cup more if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I like dark)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Add the dark brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until sugars are incorporated and smooth. Chill the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cinnamon and mix together.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and chocolate chips.
- Roll by hand into 24 medium-size balls or use a scoop, and place on a light-colored cookie sheet.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Melissa's Note: About the name. These cookies are the surefire way to get someone to fall in love with you -- or at the very least gain a serious addiction to cookies. By giving these cookies away, you may need to be prepared for a marriage proposal on the spot. I have been baking since I was a little one. I was the only girl in a house full of brothers (5 to be exact), so I quickly found my spot in the kitchen. My love affair with baking started with cookies and it is how I won dates in high school by delivering them every Sunday night to my "friends." Love would usually ensue. Now I find joy in baking them for my own 4 little ones and they are my ultimate taste testers in the quest for the perfect cookie. They say we got it years ago so it is about time to share it.