Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
That is what my stepson said when he took his first bite. It is so easy to prepare and CHEAP! The chicken comes out so tender and flavorful your guests will think you spent hours slaving over a hot stove. If you are lazy like me you can just use a glass of OJ instead of squeezing it fresh and it still tastes great. I use low sodium soy sauce. The leftover juices make a delicious gravy to pour over rice.
- 4 lbs chicken thighs, and legs
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- In a 9X13 baking dish, pour in the OJ, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic cloves.
- Place the chicken in the dish and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Cook for 45 minute Raise temperature to 400 and cook for 10-15 minute.
Tried this last evening - it was okay but not great. The chicken was tender but the flavour was lacking. Ver salty from so much soya sauce