Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Amy Sacco's Ultimate Cocktails as printed in Glamour Magazine August 2006. Store-bought blackberry puree was replaced with fresh blackberries-stolen from the neighbor's yard! Omit the vodka for non-alcoholic version.
- 1 fluid ounce vodka
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce fresh lime juice
- 8 -12 fluid ounces carbonated lemon-lime beverage (I used Hansen's brand)
- lime slice
- ice cube
- Mash the blackberries with a fork and drain the seeds.
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes. Add the vodka, blackberry puree and lime juice.
- Top with soda. Stir. Garnish beverage with a lime slice.
What a fun recipe! I was visiting my friend in Idaho and she had a BBQ to introduce me to her friends. She had deseeded her berries and had tons of juice just begging to be used, so we used a 1/4 cup of the juice in our drinks. This drink was the hit of the party.