Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Anything that comes from this kitchen that is edible is a happy coincidence. I am not much of a cook. I try recipes off of this site all the time as someone that really knows how to cook already puzzled it out. This is my first recipe. I like to approach cooking with a hope for good Karma. Here's is what I tried .. it is 29 degrees here and we wanted something hot and comforting.
- 2 lbs ground sirloin, browned
- 1 large sweet onion, sauteed
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces canned diced green chilies
- 16 ounces refried beans with green chilies (or without)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons roasted TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream
- Brown the ground sirloin and add it to crock pot.
- Same pan -- saute onions -- don't add grease until transparent.
- Add all ingredients to crock-pot (except for cheese, chips and sour cream).
- Cook on low for 6 hours --.
- Put into bowls and garnish with cheese, chips and a dollop of sour cream.