6 hrs 17 mins
I started with Karen's "Toss it in the crock pot and go roast." It looked a little bland (sorry Karen) so I tried to jazz it up a little. I know it isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, and her's was great because it was so simple. Anyway, try mine too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs top round london broil beef (ours was a Montana steer named Clyde)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water (Karen omits this for thicker gravy)
- 3 teaspoons beef base (Karen only used one, but also had onion soup mix, which I ommitted. Maybe I over did it here.)
- 4 peeled and chopped medium carrots
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms (that is going to seem like a lot. You might want to tone it down if you have little ones.)
- 2 apples, large chunks
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 4 finely diced garlic cloves, sections
- 1You might want to look at Karen's directions also. Basically, I put everything (ex-meat and chicken soup) together in a bowl, and soaked it for about 10 minutes in hopes of infusing the spices into the fruit and vegies.
- 2Clyde and the soup went into the crockpot, followed by the big bowl of stuff.
- 3I like to flip it every hour or so and check for dryness. (Sorry, I know that defeats the purpose of a crockpot. Just do what ya gotta do.).
- 4Cook on low for about 6 hours - but this is going to vary a lot by your cooker.
- 5Thanks Karen, and thanks Clyde. I hope neither of you are angry about how this all turned out. Let's just say that mistakes were made, and I am sorry.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I Stole Karen's Toss It in the Crock Pot and Go Roast (In Memory
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.2
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 152.1 mg
- Sodium 1065.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 51.6 g