We think it's that good! I think the roasted flavor of the sweet grape tomatoes makes the difference....this salsa has a very fresh, bright taste and I hope you enjoy it as well!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow sweet onion, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- Toss sweet grape tomatoes in olive oil.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, roast tomatoes until they begin to blister and soften.
- Add chopped garlic and heat just until garlic becomes aromatic.
- Remove from heat and place in bowl of food processor.
- Add canned tomatoes, onions, cilantro and seasonings, process briefly with a few pulses until desired texture is obtained.
- Serve right away with some warm tortilla chips or cover and refrigerate for later use.
- Mucho bueno either way!
FANTASTIC! I had run out of salsa, and I had extra grape tomatoes around that I wasnt using. So I searched recipezaar and found this, because most don't call for grape tomatoes. I followed it exactly (except no cilantro) and its awesome! I'm making more today!
By far the best salsa recipe I have ever tried!