Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I overcooked a batch of great northern beans to the point of disintegration and used them to make this dip as it seemed there was nothing else I could do with them. I overcook my great northern and lima beans A LOT by accident, (I'm neglectful) and use this formula with different mixes like ranch dressing or garden vegetable dip. Strangely enough, this doesn't seem to taste as good with canned beans, beans that are cooked properly, or other bean varieties, but hey.... you be the judge! Posting for nutritional value.
- 16 ounces great northern beans, overcooked and mushy
- 6 ounces chicken broth, approximately
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- Add beans to a blender or food processor and pulse.
- Slowly add broth, while blending, to thin the beans to a dip consistency. I used approximately 6 ounces of broth.
- Remove to an airtight container. Add soup mix and spinach. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight to let flavors develop.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, or crudites.