That is Dr House to you's Note:
I was wondering what to make for supper so I found this recipe in my one cookbook. Tomatoes stuffed with turnip greens, using chervil and marjoram with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. And I changed a couple things... I have NO clue why the wife said to me the idea of a recipe is to follow it. However she did like the changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 stuffed tomatoes
- 10 ounces fresh turnip greens, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon fat-free parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1Cut thin slices from top of tomatoes and scoop pulp from them discarding seeds. Chop pulp and greens. Add herbs or lemon pepper seasoning and in the second recipe the feta cheese.
- 2You can either mix the bread crumbs with this or with the cheese [parmesan or Mozzarella]step.
- 3Combine the bread crumbs and cheese if doing so.
- 4Fill the tomatoes with the green mixture then sprinkle the cheese or cheese/breadcrumb mixture on top.
- 5Bake at 325F to 350F for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is golden on top.
- 6Notes: Best is local grown garden fresh tomatoes. Make sure it is firm enough to cut but not so firm it is hard. You want a tomato that will be easy to scoop with a spoon or fork. Be careful NOT to cut the sides when scooping.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I Only Changed a Couple Things Green Stuffed Baked Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.7
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 105.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning
fat free feta cheese with garlic and herbs