Recipe by MrsMM
Hubby and I just took a trip to lovely Bar Harbor, Maine where we ate lots of lobster and blueberry pie! So the following weekend, when real life set back in, I found myself making a tangy, sweet, really good fresh blueberry pie. Enjoy!
Top Review by Doc's Mom
We loved this recipe. I followed the recipe using 2 pints of blueberries, which is about 4 cups. I do think you could get away with adding another cup of blueberries. The cinnamon really adds a lot depth to this pie. Thanks MrsMM.
- frozen pie crust
- 3 3⁄4 cups cups fresh blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean, dry blueberries, picking out stems, green berries, and broken berries.
- Toss berries in sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, salt until evenly coated.
- Pour berries into crust.
- Dot with butter.
- Top with crust top layer, sealing edges and making perforations, OR:.
- I removed the other crust from the 2pack I had and rolled it out with a rolling pin, and made cutouts with a heart shaped cookie cutter and arranged those pieces over the top of the pie, leaving some holes throughout. It baked so beautifully with blueberries peeking through the layers of hearts.
- Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for 45 mins, or until the inside is bubbling.