Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hubby and I just took a trip to lovely Bar Harbor, Maine where we ate lots of lobster and blueberry pie! So the following weekend, when real life set back in, I found myself making a tangy, sweet, really good fresh blueberry pie. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean, dry blueberries, picking out stems, green berries, and broken berries.
- Toss berries in sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, salt until evenly coated.
- Pour berries into crust.
- Dot with butter.
- Top with crust top layer, sealing edges and making perforations, OR:.
- I removed the other crust from the 2pack I had and rolled it out with a rolling pin, and made cutouts with a heart shaped cookie cutter and arranged those pieces over the top of the pie, leaving some holes throughout. It baked so beautifully with blueberries peeking through the layers of hearts.
- Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for 45 mins, or until the inside is bubbling.
We loved this recipe. I followed the recipe using 2 pints of blueberries, which is about 4 cups. I do think you could get away with adding another cup of blueberries. The cinnamon really adds a lot depth to this pie. Thanks MrsMM.
This recipe is super wonderful. Its so easy. This pie set up beautifully and is now my favorite Blueberry pie recipe. You gotta try it
This is my new favorite blueberry pie recipe! It thickened up perfectly. I never have fruit pies that slice this neatly instead of being runny. Everyone that tried it liked that it wasn't overly sweet. I probably ended up using closer to 4 cups of berries. I also made a lattice top and it looked great!